Mormon girl married to gay man, trying to put life together again

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Love one Another

Went to church today, kind of on and off this summer, but I actually got something out of it for once in a long time.  There was no deep doctrinal discussion, just focused on the love of Christ, the two great commandments, and losing ourselves in service.  I realized that I need to be better at loving my neighbor if I am going to feel the love of Christ that I have been missing.  That sucks.  Some of these people just drive me nuts.  I have a really hard time with some of them, some for a good reason, others just bug me for minor personality "defects."  It's not that I think I'm better than them, I just think my "ways" are better but I know they aren't, and pride is my biggest problem right now.  I have realized lately that everyone has their problems and if I only knew about them I would be more compassionate.  I am expecting all this love and support from people who have no idea what I am going through, yet I'm not willing to offer the same.  How dumb is that?  At least I'm learning.  Slowly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment